Mom’s inspire us.
Thanks to the warriors of female liberation, motherhood has seen big changes over the last 70 years. Moms are no longer limited to domestic duties. They now have the freedom to do it all. They wipe noses, cook dinners, pursue careers, kiss boo-boos, run businesses, bake cupcakes, manage finances, schedule appointments, fold laundry and still find time to cheer you on from the sidelines. Moms are constantly moving, striving and loving. Their roles may shift as their children age, but being a mother is a job without end. There will always be advice to give, love to share, hearts to mend or grandchildren to spoil.
Let’s face it, while motherhood comes with huge rewards, it isn’t always easy. Moms work hard, laboring tirelessly. Looking at the data provided by the latest U.S. Census it becomes clear that moms are doing more and more with less support than ever before. Household units are now smaller and more independent, which means fewer older siblings or live-in grandparents to help with chores or entertain younger children.
Moms are important. Research recently published in the Child Development journal suggests that a mother’s genes, choices, and love have a profound and direct impact on her children’s personalities, relationships, and overall health. Take this opportunity to thank your mom for shaping you into the fun, healthy, lovable person you are. Sure, dads do a lot too. They will get their well-deserved day in June, but May 10th, 2015 is all about mom.
Don’t waste this opportunity to show her how much you appreciate her role in your life. Are you searching for the perfect way to show your mom how much you respect, love and admire her? Here are a few simple tips:
- Share some love. It starts with a hug and leads to “I love you”.
- Say thank you. It doesn’t matter how the message is delivered as long as the words are sincere. Pick up the phone, say it in person, or write it down.
- Give her a day off. Tell mom to kick her shoes off and rest her tired feet while you tackle her chores.
- Spend some quality time. Make plans for brunch, a trip to the spa, or a picnic in the park.
- End with a thoughtful gift to perk up her day. Flowers, candles or bath salts are great choices and you can never go wrong with homemade crafts. Don’t forget to include some Lulu’s hand therapy or lip balm.
Make your mom happy with Lulu’s uplifting blends like Stressaholic, Tiredness, Revive or Happy Place. The beautiful, artsy packaging hides handcrafted magic made with love. Beeswax and essential oils will moisturize her overworked, dishpan-hands or nourish her chapped lips while providing a surge of soothing aromatherapy. Gift your mom the calm, healing moment she deserves.
Lulu’s Garden was founded on the Love of Mom. Celebrate mom this Mother’s day by sharing the Lulu Love. For every Mother’s Day order, Lulu’s Garden™ will donate 5% to the Alzheimer’s Association.